Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My New Toy

I recently purchased a new lens & I'm really excited to use it. Not that it's anything revolutionary or anything, but I'm just happy to have it. I got the Canon 50mm f/1.8 MARK I....that's right mark I not mark II. This lens is kind of a rare find. Made for only 3 or 4 years, Canon discontinued it in 1990 so there is only a limited number of these. I decided to get get this because I like the construction with metal mounts, distance meter, and focus ring in the middle (as opposed to plastic mounts, no distance meter, and focus ring in the front on the 1.8 mark II). I don't want to discredit the mark II by any means. It's a sharp lens for the price, but I got this because I value those small things (on a budget). Wow I hope I'm not too nerdy. Can't wait to try this out!

No comments: