Sunday, October 19, 2008

On the road

We've had a lot of time in different villages. I've seen so much over the last 2 weeks. My first week was in a village called Panakok. It was a really cool village and everyone there was so friendly. We did medical training and made some house visits. One thing we need to teach the people in the village is how to clean and be sanitary! I have hand sanitizer everywhere I go. My second week my group was supposed to go out to a remote village but plans changed last second and we ended up meeting up with the other group in their village.  So the past week has been awesome. Now I have soooo much video to look through, but I'll have lots and lots of time. Within the next few days I'm going to be going to a very remote village with 3 other people. It's kinda bad because I won't even have electricity or internet for the first week.  Then the next month I will have electricity, but no phone or internet.  So wish me luck.  This will be the biggest test of my patience and hopefully I will be able to keep my sanity. I will probably be reading a lot, and learn to like it. The plan as of right now is that I am returning to civilization around December 6 or so. But until then just pray for me. I think about you guys at home all the time and thanks for checking up on me!!! It really means a lot to me. Miss you!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ricky,
Enjoy reading your blogs and have not forgotten your question about coming back to do the SM video. I have to work out some stuff before I can answer. Hope all is going well. I pray for you every day.
Blessings, Gayle

Cherilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherilyn said...

Hola Primo,

It was nice to log onto the computer and be able to see what your up to. The picture on your profile is handsome. We must be related :) My favorite picture is the one with you standing on what looks like a mountain. I could stare at that scenery for hours. Wish I could see the real thing. I can't imagine what you must be experiencing. HOW WONDERFUL, what a BLESSING. I am glad your mom and dad told me about your blog, now I can keep checking in on you. Dufftin is here and he says hi too. We both wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You will have to write and let us know how you celebrate tomorrow. It's gauranteed to be a birthday that you will never forget. Mucho Carino, Your Cousins - Cherilyn and Dufftin. P.S. I will mail you a picture of us after we return from our wedding in DR.