Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gone for a bit

Hey everyone, I’m getting ready to go out to the village for a month.  That could mean all kinds of things for me.  I may or may not have internet access out there so if I don’t post for a little while that’s the reason! We’ve been working on some last minute stuff here to prepare to leave. Other than that it’s been lots of fun. We went to the Chiang Mai night market for the first time the other night. It was awesome! You bargain with the sellers, it’s so much fun. I love the price of food here. I can get a full meal that fills me up with a drink for like a dollar! Love it! I’m excited for the next few weeks. Hopefully we get some good footage to use for the videos. Oh yeah thank you for all of your comments!!! I love hearing back from you and knowing that you’re reading this so keep commenting even if you already have…and even if I don’t know you and you’re reading this you can comment too haha. If anyone wants to send me real mail, letters or anything, I think I have an address you can send to. It takes a few weeks to get here if you use regular mail. But please send something, it’s nice to get real mail…
64 moo 12 Tamboon Sobpherng
Amphur Maetang Chiang Mai
50330 Thailand

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a beast, enjoy your time in the village and your very non-expensive food in thailand, i'll have some pictures from home and new music for you when you get back to wherever isn't the village. Let me know if you discover any interesting.

Tony Fisher said...

My friend, you are a liar. There is no way that you of all people ever filled up on only 3 dollars worth of food. I don't care how cheap the food is, you do not fill up. It's a scientific fact. Other than that, i'm glad to see you're doing well. This must be the experience of a lifetime for you so I hope you enjoy every day you are there. I seriously can't wait for you to come back and inform me of your day to day over there. It must be a huge culture shock! Tell the Thai people that I say hi, they'll want to hear from me I assume. Be easy dude, dont get eaten by anything reptilian.

Anthony Benjamin Fisher Esq.
aka Tony

Anonymous said...

Pro Dada » Jesus for Asia News » Archives » Jesus for Asia News - Education Assistance Request

Date: September 19th 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

This is a request for the education sponsorship of two young people who want to serve Christ together. They are engaged but not yet married. Engagement in India is a strong commitment and is more like a solemn promise - the engagement ceremony is a big deal with all the family in attendance and gifts given and a full service conducted to cement the engagement.

The young man, Sonu, is working as a secretary to the Upper Ganges Section President. He initiated contact with us 2.5 years ago (through David Gates who referred him to us) to tell us he wanted to work for God with us. There are so many open doors for the Gospel and a desperate shortage of funding for Bible workers. He’s also been asking desperately and regularly for us to send him to any school, get any training so that he can serve the Lord more effectively. I would like to send him to Mountain View College in the Philippines if at all possible. I am very impressed with that school.

His fiance is a young lady in has chosen to marry him against her parent’s wishes. Here is her story:

“I am studying in Mathura to be a nurse. My family wants me to marry a Hindu man. He is a Doctor but I want to marry Sonu, an Adventist. My family members do not want me to marry Sonu because he is not as rich as that hindu man. I love him very much because he is serving God. He is very good for me all the time because God is first in his life. I will also help him in this work. I will also be doing God’s work with him.

“So they do told me that they will not pay my school fees anymore. My family members told me: “Pinky you are dead to us. Do not come to our home.” I have no sister, no family members, so please pray for me.”

If anyone is interested in helping this young lady graduate this March, or her fiance find his dream of getting an education, please contact us. I estimate the total cost for her to be around $1500. He makes about $40/month so it's an astronomical price for him to pay, although he is taking full responsibility for it.

Thanks!
and have a blessed Sabbath!

Jon
writing from Thailand