Sunday, September 23, 2012

Revisiting Thailand

Kids in Bangkok

A Karen church in the village

Typical Thai Transportation

A boy studying for school

P'Ying picking out a good avocado

The "Center" (our SM headquarters)

Pastor Phamor's wife was presented flowers on Mother's Day

A villager works hard harvesting rice

A young girl weaves cloth to make a shirt or bag

A young monk in a Chiang Mai Buddhist temple

A monk rings a bell to call the other monks to lunch

Here I am at a Buddhist temple in Chiang Mai

A villager sits in her hut and relaxes during the hot day


A Buddhist temple in Chiang Mai
A good meal in Bangkok

Students in Mae Tang gather together for worship 

Last month I went back to Thailand. The land I love. I have been  wanting to go back since I left 4 years ago and this trip did not disappointment. I was able to revisit and experience some of the things I had seen when I served as a student missionary there. I went to film for my job, Adventist Mission. Be on the lookout for some of our stories on the next DVD.

I began my journey in Bangkok, which is not my favorite place in the world, but it was still great to be back in the Thai culture. I was there for a few days and then made my way up to Chiang Mai. I LOVE Chiang Mai. Of all the cities I have been to, it is my favorite. I spent most of my trip in northern Thailand amongst the hill tribes and rural Thai culture. It was great to go back and spend time in the land of smiles.

Above are some of my experiences.

No comments: